HETAS HTU02 Awareness and Retail Course
New for 2015! Formerly the HETAS H001 Introduction to Solid Fuel and HETAS H002 Solid Fuel Regulations and Standards courses.
- The concept of heating with solid fuel, wood and biomass
- Demonstration of the basic operating principles of solid fuel appliances.
- Industry regulations, standards, legislation, appliance sizing and pre-installation survey considerations.
- Purchase, use and storage of different fuel types
- The role of HETAS in the ‘competent persons scheme’
- The role of HETAS in the ‘approved retailer scheme’
- The involvement of other bodies in the solid fuel industry
- Chimney types and uses
- Survey and design of chimneys and flues
The HETAS Awareness and retail course is a foundation level for anyone interested in solid fuel, wood and biomass technology.
- Retail showroom staff
- Building surveyors
- Building control officers
This course provides a route for retailer outlets to gain the necessary criteria to be listed on the ‘HETAS approved retailer scheme’
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
£500 + VAT
Multiple choice assessment and desk based activities.
HETAS will issue certificates as appropriate to the results notified.